Supporting students in difficulty

Different services to support students

Faculty members may often identify students that face personal difficulties. Recognizing the signs is the first important step, so that students may be provided with help to address their challenges.

Below you may find some of the most common issues raised by students, as well as the person, office or department to address, when seeking help.

  • If you notice withdrawn students, who find it difficult to fit in, you can suggest some coaching.
  • For students needing vocational advice or advice on the choice of optional courses, alternative solutions may come from a Study Advisor. Each student is assigned to a Study Advisor from their Section, whose role is to monitor academic progress and guide students, when necessary, by offering personalized learning and support. If you need more information, take a look at the list of Study Advisors in the concerned Section. 
  • For students seeking advice on whether to complete part of their curriculum elsewhere, they can be directed to the Student Exchange Office. They could also contact the exchange coordinator for the relevant section.
  • For students facing financial, accommodation, or similar problems,the Student Affairs Department (SAE) can help them find a grant matching their criteria.
  • Students who feel at a disadvantage, in need of psychological support, experience a crisis or need urgent help, can be directed to the HELP” program, where a team of specialists is there to help.